Formation

The regiment was founded on the formation of the Volunteer Force in 1859. Originally as part of the Volunteer Force sponsored by The Highland Society of London and The Caledonian Society of London, a group of individual Scots raised The London Scottish Rifle Volunteers under the command of Lt Col Lord Elcho, later The Earl of Wemyss and March. The regiment became the 7th (London Scottish) Middlesex Volunteer Rifle Corps and then, in 1908, the 14th (County of London) Battalion, London Regiment (London Scottish).

393213ff7edd77e472d2eab368e9c77a.jpg
b17db7c2ad06835921d6083bbc152be9.jpg
2ceaa214e347104ecb45f1c2e549d929.jpg